Thursday, October 3, 2013

Toddler Gift Ideas -- Help me out!

Hi SV Toddler friends -- I posted the following on our Facebook page yesterday and have already received dozens of responses, but I wanted to post it here as well in case we have blog followers who aren't on Facebook. Please comment with any ideas or suggestions you might have. Thanks in advance!
Okay toddler friends, I have a new project in mind (you know, 'cause I have all this free time), and I'm going to need your help to make it work. Three times in the last two weeks, I've been asked for advice/recommendations for toddler gifts -- one for an upcoming birthday, and two for Christmas (thanks for making me feel woefully unprepared, ladies!). It got me thinking of how nice it would be to... have a list of great toddler toys and books for holiday and birthday gifts, with advice as to what particular ages and interests they're good for.

So here's what I want to do: Create a list on the blog of the things Toddler X loves (with a brief review, and a suggested age range) and -- here's where you come in -- add the things YOUR kids love, with a word or two about why they're so great, and what age range you'd recommend them for. I'd then create links to Amazon (thanks to toddler mom Sarah M. for suggesting the Amazon Associate program!), and you'd have a one stop shop for ideas/easy ordering for holidays, birthdays, etc. It would also be easy to pass the link along to grandparents and others who will be buying your toddler gifts.

What do you think? Do you think it would be useful? And will you help me put it together by sharing what toys or books your toddler LOVES, a brief word as to why, and what age range you think it would be best for?

If so...then go! What are your toddler's favorite toys (brand and type, or link if you have it), a brief why, and what age do you think it's good for? I'll start working on the list this week.

Thank you for your contributions!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I think it is great of you providing such help for toddler gift ideas. I can start by suggesting these gifts:
    http://starcodex.com/toddler-christmas-gift-ideas
    And if you could add a kid friendly camera on top of these ideas it would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kindergarten school in india are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our kids play school and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.
    play school in india
    play schools in india
    Pre School Franchisee India

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...what to do today?