Hmm...what to do today?

Thursday, September 12, 2013

If you're happy and you know it...

If you're happy and you know it, shout "Hooray!"

Silicon Valley Toddler's Facebook page just reached 600 (SIX HUNDRED!!) "likes", after just 7 1/2 weeks in existence. I didn't really have a goal for the blog/page when I started writing in late July -- aside from just exploring the South Bay's toddler-friendly activities and attractions and sharing what I'd discovered -- but if I had, this would have far exceeded it. To say that I'm thrilled would be an understatement.

So a couple of thanks are in order (yep, I've always wanted to make an acceptance speech!):

To start, I'd really like to thank SV Toddler's first sponsor, Belly Flop Photos, for helping to keep the reviews and reports coming (hey, driving to playgrounds from Palo Alto to South San Jose in one week takes a LOT of gas!). Please help me express my thanks by visiting and "liking" Belly Flop's FB site and checking out the portfolio of beautiful baby, toddler and family photos.

Second, I'd like to thank Toddler X for tolerating all my picture-snapping at playgrounds and all the car time driving around the valley when we could just walk to the park down the street. He's a trooper. Mr. X also deserves some thanks, as he frequently comes home to a house that looks like it was hit by a toddler-nado (like shark-nado, only slightly less bloody) because I've spent all my free time (ha!) that day writing posts or researching upcoming events. He, too, is a trooper.

And finally, a big HUGE thanks to all of YOU who have followed my page and given me the encouragement I needed to get going. I see this thing getting bigger and bigger (just like our kids...) and I'm so glad to have you along for the ride. Only 95 of the 600 "likes" are from people I know in real life, so 505 of you wonderful folks have shared this site with your friends not even knowing the crazy lady making the recommendations. I love that! Please please please keep sharing and helping SV Toddler grow!

Okay, there's a guy with a stop watch sneering at me and another one approaching with a crook, so I'm thinking I need to wrap up my thank you speech right about now. But hey, thanks again!

And happy toddles to you and your little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment